Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Potato and Bean Salad

Potato and bean salad

So, for my first recipe I decided to do a healthy salad. I absolutely love it, it's so easy to make and really tasty. The inspiration behind it: a potato salad! One day I was originally making a potato salad and then I just tossed in a few extra ingredients and subbed the mayo for yogurt (because I had no mayo left) and done! I couldn't quite decide on what beans to use but I've made the right choice because those kidney beans with those broad beans make such a good combo. I've only made it a few times and it's already become a family favourite! 

Potato and bean salad

Serves 2-4

INGREDIENTS
2 medium potatoes
200g frozen baby broad beans
400g canned kidney beans
6 tbsp natural yogurt
Pinch of chili powder
Half tsp cumin powder
Few strands of chopped coriander 

DIRECTIONS

1. Peel the potatoes, chop into small cubes and add to a pot of boiling water
2. Add the frozen broad beans to a different pot of boiling water
3. Once the potatoes are boiled, drain and add to a bowl
4. Drain the broad beans when boiled and add to a different bowl with cold water for a few minutes
5. Drain the kidney beans and add to the bowl with the potatoes
6. Drain the broad beans and add that to the bowl too
7. Add the rest of the ingredients in and mix

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! ♥ Leave your links!
Please do not promote posts/giveaways or ask follow for follow as it will be marked as spam.

© Spoon Full Of Yum | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig